[c-nsp] the sorry state of LLDP support

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu May 24 02:10:05 EDT 2007

On (2007-05-23 19:22 -0700), Mark Boolootian wrote:

> Perhaps their plan is to populate the CDP MIB with info learned via LLDP,
> but given they didn't bother doing that with the current release, it doesn't
> strike me as likely.  Why Cisco seems to think there's no need to bother

If history is good indication of future, than it's quite typical (happens
always?) to introduce feature and have MIB come much later.

> Cisco is doing a good job of encouraging us to buy their competitor's products.

Please vote with your feet and tell your account manager which product you
chose over cisco and why. Annoyingly often, you're still buying least crap
gear, when you buu cisco, if you seriously start to look at the
competitors.

--
  ++ytti