[c-nsp] the sorry state of LLDP support

bill fumerola billf at mu.org
Fri May 25 15:04:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 07:22:54PM -0700, Mark Boolootian wrote:
> Support for LLDP is improving - HP offers it, I think Extreme will soon,
> Foundry will have it come summer and it has finally arrived for Cisco.
> Sort of.

i just obtained a force10 S50v switch to evaluate for use as a rack
switch (previously were using hp procurve, which as you mention supports
LLDP). it supports LLDP and seems to be a really nice switch, so far.

LLDP is a very important feature for $employer as we're using it as
part of our automated machine deployment.

usual suggestions apply: vote with your checkbook, grumble to your sales
team.

-- bill