[c-nsp] monitoring c3750 switches with snmp

nick.nauwelaerts at thomson.com nick.nauwelaerts at thomson.com
Thu May 24 10:02:10 EDT 2007

Hey all,
I'm having some issues finding the correct OIDs to monitor some
interesting items on c3750 switches and was wondering if any of you
could help me out.

The items I'm looking for are the stacking ports. They seem to have
regular IfOutOctets & the like, but lack any form of 64bit counters
(ifHCInOctets). This seems kinda strange for interfaces designed to push
a lot of data.

And the other one is snmp readouts for "sh controllers utilization". On
the commandline it gives you the following lines at the end:
Switch Receive Bandwidth Percentage Utilization  : 0
Switch Transmit Bandwidth Percentage Utilization : 0
Stack Ring Percentage Utilization : 0

Making it easy to take a closer look at your backplane utilization. But
I haven't found any OID which contains this information. 2950's have the
following OID for backplane use: c2950bandwidth /
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.87.1.5.1.0, but I haven't been able to find it's
equivalent on 3750's.

Oh, I'm running a mix of 12.2(25)see2 & 12.2(35)SE2.

Thanks.

// nick