[c-nsp] Version of Cisco IOS not supported on NPE300

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun May 27 17:47:32 EDT 2007

I don't see how that could be the case since the SmartNet package is
selected by the router chassis, not what cards are in it.  I think what
you meant to say is that Cisco won't renew the HARDWARE coverage of
SmartNet on the NPE300, but SmartNet contains two components - hardware
coverage, and IOS update rights - and Cisco will happily renew smartnet
forever.  Of course, once they stop releasing new IOS for a particular
chassis it is kind of pointless to keep paying the renewals.

Ted