[c-nsp] OSPF Interface problem

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Mon May 28 13:05:26 EDT 2007

An entity claiming to be Peter Nyamukusa (petern at africaonline.co.sz) wrote:
:
: I am running ospf as my IGP and on my access server which is running IOS
: image c5300-jk9s-mz.123-12a.bin. I have disabled all interfaces from
: participating in ospf routing except my fast Ethernet yet when I check the
: ospf process it show that all the interfaces are participating in ospf this
: access server is in a stub area see below
:

Yes, that is correct behavior.  The passive-interface statement doesn't
enable or disable OSPF on the interfaces, the wildcards used for the
network statement do.  The passive-interface statement prevents sending and
receiving of LSA's.  If you only want OSPF on the FE interface, use its
address with a 0.0.0.0 wildcard.

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 172.16.100.1

router ospf 1
 network 172.16.100.1 0.0.0.0 area 2

Mark

--
[]                       |     "I'd like a large order of FiboNachos."
[] Mark Rogaski          |     "Okay sir, that'll cost as much as a small