[c-nsp] PPPoE Relay from 1811 to 7206VXR

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue May 29 06:16:58 EDT 2007

Skeeve,

you need to configure vpdn multihop on the 1811, something like this

vpdn enable
vpdn multihop
vpdn-group pppoe
 accept-dialin
  protocol pppoe
  virtual-template 1
!
vpdn-group forward-as-l2tp
 request-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  domain domain.com
 initiate-to ip <address-of-the-7200>
 local name pppoe-relay

The trick could be to match the forward-as-l2tp tunnel using the domain,
the example above assumes all the users authenticate via
xxxx at domain.com..
You can also use Radius and return a tunnel profile within the
access-request..

Don't think you need the bba-group stuff, but not entirely sure..

	oli

Skeeve Stevens <> wrote on Monday, May 28, 2007 4:31 PM:

> Hi guys,
>
> 	I've just spent most of the day trying to get an 1811 relay
PPPoE
> calls to a central server, and I've failed miserably.
>
> 	I have established that the max number of sessions an 1811 can
relay
> is 300.
>
> 	I do need some help from you wonderful people.
>
> 	Imagine the 1811(12.4)  and 7206(12.2) are configless.  Where do
> start from?
>
> 	I assume the following:
>
> 1.	1811 can accept PPPoE calls
> 2.	1811 needs to make a l2tp tunnel to the 7206 which is already
> configured to accept PPPoE
>

> If anyone can assist that would be wonderful. The areas that are new
> to me on the 1811 in 12.4
> -	No idea how the new bba-group pppoe global works for pppoe
dialin

> 		The basic scenario is about 30 * 1811's out in regional
pops