[c-nsp] WAN optimization in IP carrier

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Tue May 29 10:57:10 EDT 2007

After a lot of research we went with the RouteScience PathControl system
over other vendors.

We are an ISP/Data Center with 6 - 1GB backbone connections spread over
3 GSR12Ks and about 30 private peering connections on a 6509/SUP720-3BXL.

RouteScience was purchased by Avaya and the product is now called the
Avaya Converged Network Analyzer.

http://www.avaya.com/gcm/master-usa/en-us/products/offers/converged_network_analyzer.htm&View=ProdDesc

According to Avaya:

Avaya Converged Network Analyzer (CNA) can monitor, assess, and adjust
the network delivery infrastructure in real time to maximize
applications
availability, while optimizing between cost and performance.
The result is a network infrastructure that is self-healing and
self-optimizing.

I can tell you after using it for 3 years that those claims are very
true. The cost is up there, but my customers love the overall
connectivity stability that it provides.

Hope this helps.