[c-nsp] FW: Spanning-tree stupidity - MST not obeying cost /

Collins, Richard (EXT) richard.collins.ext at nsn.com
Tue May 29 16:39:48 EDT 2007

Just some ideas.....

 So with MST you should be using the command "spanning-tree mst 0 cost "
on the different trunk uplinks to skew the path.

SW3

interface FastEthernet0/1
 description Conn to SW4
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 spanning-tree mst 0 cost 1000

Then you should be checking total path cost (cost of root path,
designated path cost)

Show spanning-tree mst detail....

Rgds,
Rich