[c-nsp] 6509-NEB-A lifecycle

John Exum jexum at harding.edu
Sat Nov 3 10:52:18 EDT 2007

Panduit makes a cabinet that does that.  Their name for it is the Net-Access
Cabinet.  The one I have been looking at is the model cn1 or cn2.  There is
an exhaust duct for 6509s and 6513s that go with the cabinet.  Panduit's
catalog says it it recognized by Cisco.

Chattsworth Products (CPI) also has a product that does the same thing.  It
is the N-Terra cabinet.  I am not able to connect to the website and verify
the spelling of Terra.  It may be with just one 'r'.  There are several
cabinets in that line for specialty uses.

John

On 11/2/07, Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where the NEB 6509 is in its lifecycle?  Is there a -E
> model coming out in the future?  Is this a viable way to go just to get
> front to rear airflow?  I've been told about the cabinets designed to
> route air to the front and rear for the normal side discharge chassis
> but I can't find a link to it now.  I was thinking that the 6509-E
> chassis was recommended over the NEB chassis but I don't recall why.
> Thoughts?  This is for a data center application.  We, the SP, run 7600s.
>
> Thanks
> Justin

John L. Exum
Network Manager