[c-nsp] Broadcast storm control

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Nov 6 12:37:21 EST 2007

On (2007-11-06 17:14 +0000), Sam Stickland wrote:

> I'm sorry. I don't see how the configuration above would be different from
> a configuration command that said "limit the number of MAC addresses on
> this port to x". Can you explain?

Consider topology:

A --- Switch ---- B

In normal configuration MAC 'foo' can send even round-robin frame
from A and B. In port-security it can only switch between ports every
aging time. So if A--Switch connection breaks down, you have to wait
for aging time, before Switch---B connection can be used.

--
  ++ytti