[c-nsp] Help with simple QoS configuration

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Wed Nov 7 08:15:50 EST 2007

Folks,

maybe someone could push me into the right direction
for some QoS related stuff. We have a setup like this:

       7206VXR    |  100M  |c2811|   .1q   | 3548XL |
    Access Router | ------ | CPE | ------- | Switch | VLAN x

>From right to left: a public IP network is connected to
a switch. The VLAN on this access port is terminated on
a Cisco 2811's Sub-I/F. The 2811 has a 100M link to
an access-router (7206VXR). I need to give the customer
connected via VLAN x a bandwidth guarantee on the 100M link
in both directions. Since there is no NAT in place, we are
able to match on source/dest IPs.

I guess I would need to configure service-policies but I am
unsure about where exactly to configure them on the 2811
and/or on the 7206VXR. I tried class-based policies on the
Sub-I/F of the 2811 but it said that those aren't supported
there.

Anyone with an example configuration or something like this?

Thanks
Sascha