[c-nsp] Help with simple QoS configuration

Fred Reimer freimer at ctiusa.com
Wed Nov 7 08:48:56 EST 2007

Why the .1q link between the 3548XL and the 2811?  Are there
other customers on other VLANs on the 3548XL that also get
trunked to the 2811?  The proper place to start QoS would be on
the 3548XL switch.  However, the QoS capabilities of that switch
are limited, IIRC, so you may need to replace that antiquated
equipment.  Note I said earlier that the proper place to start
QoS is on the 3548XL.  In order to truly obtain QoS and bandwidth
guarantee you need QoS on each and every hop through your whole
network.  That means allocating whatever you promise the customer
on every link from their connection point to your hand-off point.

Fred Reimer, CISSP, CCNP
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.
954-298-1697