[c-nsp] SIP-200 / SIP-400

MKS rekordmeister at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:38:36 EST 2007

Hi list

I have been trying to read about SIP-200 and SIP-400, but the info I find is
somewhat misleading....

The data sheet for SIP-200 says:
1.1-Mpps bidirectional packet-forwarding performance with 46-byte packets.
(link<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_data_sheet0900aecd8027c9df.html>
)

The data sheet for SIP-400 says:
Ability to run 4 GE line rate for 64-byte packets, and OC-48 line rate for
48-byte packets for POS, HDLC, etc. with select services
(link<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_data_sheet0900aecd8027c9e6.html>
)

But the SIP/SPA hardware installation guide says:
(link<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/module_installation_and_configuration_guides_chapter09186a008043eaf5.html#wp1079936>
)
The Description column indicates the aggregate bandwidth supported by the
SIP across all subslots—not per SPA subslot.

SIP             Description
SIP-200:     622-Mbps SPA interface processor
SIP-400:     2.5-Gbps SPA interface processor

So I have three questions:

1) Can I really get 4GE line rate @64-byte packets on 2x  2port GE SPA in a
SIP-400.
    What exactly does the 2.5Gbps bandwidth mean, is it bandwidth into the
fabric or what?

2) Does someone have experience in running a single 4-port OC3 ATM SPA in a
SIP-200. My understanding is that it would be on the performance edge of
SIP-200, if all the interfaces are running close to line rate.

3) I know that the SIP-200 is CPU based and SIP-400 has a network processor.
Is there a MIB to get the cpu stats from those cards?

Regards
MKS