[c-nsp] "service unsupported-linecard"

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sat Nov 10 05:59:36 EST 2007

I agree, it should be configurable.  As I would be damn peeved if I had a
working switch or router, and out of the blue it stopped working.  I find it
hard to believe the counterfeiters won't quickly just include whatever
response the IOS is looking for in their clone products as well.

I believe all my Cisco gear is genuine, but if by any chance any linecards or
wics are not, they still work fine!  I am sure for the most part it's just
about protecting their revenue stream..

---
Howard Leadmon