[c-nsp] unsuppress-map : is this correct?

Paolo Lucente pl+list at pmacct.net
Sun Nov 11 08:44:45 EST 2007

Hi Tassos,

i believe it's a little bit more subtle: when selectively supppressing BGP prefixes, you need
to be careful un-suppressing only a subset (or the very same set as in the example you picked
up, both suppress and un-suppress refer to route-map "map1") of what you have previously
suppressed. Don't know whether this is what you are doing currently.

aggregate-address itself doesn't suppress anything and usual applications of the unsuppress-map
are typically in conjunction with an aggregate-address summary-only - which in turn suppresses
"everything" and this is why in this specific case you can go loose with the un-suppress map.

Also because route-maps allow negations aswell, maybe you can find useful playing around other
maps related to BGP summarization like advertise-map and suppress-map instead.

Cheers,
Paolo