[c-nsp] Rate limit on 3750

William willay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:51:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to rate limit traffic using class-maps.

I believe I've got the config right to police the traffic, however,
I'm not getting the rates I want.

config goes like:

ip routing
mls qos
!
class-map match-all interesting
    match access-group 1
!
policy-map interesting
    class interesting
    police 32000000 320000 exceed-action drop
!
access-list 1 permit x.x.x.x

int fa1/0/23
service-policy input interesting

We have workstation x.x.x.x on port 23, sending data to another host
on a distant network. Using iperf to send tcp traffic (defaults) we
get a rate of approx 12mb/s. I want to have a max of 15mb/s for
'interesting' traffic. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

The software I'm running is ip services 12.2(25)SEB4 on a 3750.

Cheers,