[c-nsp] Rate limit on 3750

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Nov 13 21:45:50 EST 2007

Sounds about right for a single TCP session (iperf) and a 30Mbps
policer.  Have you seen the following article from Cisco with discusses
the differences between shaping and policing?  Personally, I really
dislike using policing on TCP traffic for sub-native speeds because it
results in a lot of drops as the clients send bursty traffic.  I would
prefer to implement shaping, but very few Cisco boxes support that on a
budget.

Comparing Traffic Policing and Traffic Shaping for Bandwidth Limiting:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/policevsshape.html