[c-nsp] Max performance 6148(A--GE-TX boards

Matt Buford matt at overloaded.net
Tue Nov 13 17:46:20 EST 2007

> We have been experiencing high input packet drops on interfaces on
> 6148a's when we are less than ~200mb/s on the 8 ports combined in one
> case and <100Mb/s in another, not anywhere close to the 8-1 over
> subscription as advertised.  It also got much worse when we went from
> catos to IOS last week, not sure why.  Don't expect too much from a
> 6148a module.

You might want to doublecheck your setup then, as I'm not having this
problem.  I have these in service on my backup network and they have no
problem hitting 1gb full duplex on each group of 8 ports.  A quick eyeball
of outbound traffic graphs on ports 1-8 of one of the cards gets me 300 + 0
+ 0 + 300 + 200 + 150 = 950.  Seems about right.