[c-nsp] Splitting 2 traffic streams for billing/accounting purposes

Peter Kranz pkranz at unwiredltd.com
Wed Nov 14 13:20:31 EST 2007

In the process of turning up a 10G link from a customer's office to one of
our data centers.

They want both internet access for their office and connectivity to their
gear in the data center.

For purposes of billing, I need to be able to split the traffic into routed
Internet Access traffic vs routed access to their gear in the DC..

>From the customers direction toward the DC, it seems easy to use routing
rules to route the two destinations via different VLANs..

In the reverse direction; I need a way to route traffic destined to the
customers office IP range FROM the internet via VLAN #1, and traffic from
the customers gear via VLAN #2..

I.e. everything sourced from a particular set of subnets to a particular
subnet will route VIA VLAN #1, otherwise route via VLAN #2..

Or do I have the crazy and is there an easier way to account for this..

Peter Kranz
Founder/CEO - Unwired Ltd
www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100