[c-nsp] cisco ASA using many time the same MAC and HP switches

Matt Buford matt at overloaded.net
Wed Nov 14 10:45:39 EST 2007

> If the QinQ service is point2point, then i guess the service provider can
> disable mac-address learning in order to avoid this situation.

I suggested this idea to my metro-Ethernet QinQ based provider, and they
replied back pointing out that although the circuit appears point to point
from my customer view, it is actually a VLAN that has numerous redundant
paths within their network.  With mac learning turned off, my traffic would
have flooded out across all possible redundant paths.  It would have worked,
but it is terribly inefficient for them.