[c-nsp] STP root on CAT6513 with CatOS

Roger Oliver roliver at YELLOWPAGES.COM
Thu Nov 22 17:47:37 EST 2007

You can also set up primary and seconday so this will not happen again

Or am I to stuffed with turkey to think clearly

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: "luiz.maia at light.com.br" <luiz.maia at light.com.br>
To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Sent: 11/22/07 2:37 PM
Subject: [c-nsp] STP root on CAT6513 with CatOS

Hi List,

I have to change the STP root of my LAN. Today a CAT2950 is the STP root,
beating a CAT6513.
I plan to change the STP root to CAT6513 using the command set spantree root. I´d like to ask:

1. Is this command enough?
2. How this change can affect the LAN availability?
3. Is it necessary to use the STP root guard if I have LAN control?

Tks in adv.

LUIZ PAULO MAIA
Gerência de Redes e Telecomun / ATOS ORIGIN SERVIÇOS DE TECNOLOGIAINFORM
LIGHT S.E.S.A. / luiz.maia at light.com.br / 8119-5683

"Evite o desperdício. Antes de imprimir, pense em nosso compromisso com o
desenvolvimento sustentável."