[c-nsp] PA-MC-T3 and capacity questions

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Thu Oct 4 19:23:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have 2 quick questions about capacity issues when using PA-MC-T3 cards and
the ability to do MLPPP. We currently have 5 PA-MC-T3 cards in a 7507/RSP8
chassis and I would like to be able to move onto either a higher capacity
chassis or split things between two chassis. If we go the route of multiple
chassis, I would need something like a M313 MUX that could take 6 or more
DS3 circuits in and re-map them to different channels on DS3 ports coming
out to the different chassis. This is due to the MLPPP needs and multiple
carriers these circuits are coming from. If we go with a larger capacity
chassis, I am thinking of changing over to OC3c circuits from the carriers
to ensure that we would not have capacity issues down the road.

So my questions are,

A.	What would be the recommended M313 MUX for this in the case of split
chassis?
B.	Going with a larger capacity chassis, what would be recommended for
doing this via OC3c handoffs or would it be better to stay with CT3 ports?

Thanks.

-Troy