[c-nsp] Problem with 10 / Half ports with SXH

Colin Jenkinson C.Jenkinson at uws.edu.au
Thu Oct 4 23:22:27 EDT 2007

Hi,
   we recently upgraded a whole bunch of 6500s
 with s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXH from SX7.
 Since then we have had trouble with older equipment
 such as AS5200s and legacy Voicemail servers and PABXs
 the can only do 10 / Half becoming not responsive.
 The counters on the problem interfaces show high rates
 of CRC errors (rxCRCAlignErrors). A shut / no shut on
 the port returns the port to operation. The modules
 concerned are mainly the WS-X6548-RJ-45. Setting the
 port to 10/half instead of auto/auto offers slight
 improvements. Has anybody else come across this
 problem. We have raised a TAC case with Cisco but
 so far have had no response.
Thanks,
       Colin

--