[c-nsp] activating MLP on ATM ADSL

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat Oct 6 22:40:35 EDT 2007

At 05:42 PM 10/5/2007, Adam Greene wrote:
>I've been tasked with bonding some ATM ADSL links together into a multilink
>bundle. The objective is to enable customers to double their throughput by
>obtaining (2) DSL lines from us.
>
>The head end is a 7206 (NPE200) running C7200-IS-M 12.3(15b). The CPE end is
>a Cisco 1841 running (C1841-IPBASE-M) 12.4(1c).

Adam,

You don't mention how your DSL users are connecting. Are you using
direct PVCs? PPPoE? PPPoA? or PPPoEoA? It is not supported over
PPPoEoA which is where a range or single PVC terminates on a vpdn
group. You must use PPPoA. I wish PPPoEoA  was supported, but it is
not. We are working on a good PPPoA config now. Once we have it, we
will share it.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin