[c-nsp] activating MLP on ATM ADSL

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Tue Oct 9 14:10:15 EDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the questions.

I had hoped that the configurations I posted in the original message would
shed light on how the users are connecting. I am pretty green at DSL
configurations. My impression is that this is PPPoEoA because I am using the
pppoe protocol on ATM interfaces. That sounds consistent with what you are
saying, as there are also vpdn configurations on the head end router, PVCs
are being utilized, and the clients appear to be dialing in (they have
Dialers configured).

But I might not have the terminology straight. I'll look into PPPoA and see
whether we can support that over the underlying infastructure (Verizon DSL).

Thanks for offering to share the PPPoA config. Looks like that might be the
only alternative, if PPPoEoA is not supported.

Thanks,
Adam

P.S. At the end of this message I have reposted the head-end / client
configurations in case that helps at all ....