[c-nsp] Splitting VTP domain without a meltdown

Murphy, William William.Murphy at uth.tmc.edu
Mon Oct 8 10:14:39 EDT 2007

DTP which negotiates your trunks will only negotiate the trunk between
switches in the same VTP domain.  The only way around this that I know
of is to hard code your trunks using the following:

switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate

Once you do this the switch no longer cares if the other end is in the
same VTP domain...