[c-nsp] Catalyst6506 w/ sup1amsfc2 & 6148-ge-tx large packets are dropped

Comm-AG commag at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 9 03:21:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem isolated to 6148-ge-tx line-card.  The line-card connects a
number of service provider connections.  When large packets are switched
between different ports on the same card,  large packets are dropped.

The problem has become apparent since our international service provider
(call it T-Systems) upgraded their CE router and required us to run dot1q on
the 6148-ge-tx interface.  Since then,  all traffic switched from other
sources to the T-Systems port has this problem where large packets are
dropped.

If we move services to another card leaving the T-Systems connection as it
was,  the problem goes away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony