[c-nsp] rate-limiting a vlan interface on cat 6000

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:03:38 EDT 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/
products_tech_note09186a00801c8c4b.shtml

Like most things QoS related, policing on the 6500/7600 is unique
when compared to other Cisco platforms.   That document will probably
tell you what you need to know.   The SUP2 doesn't support egress
policing, so you need to police the packets as they enter the router,
not as they leave.

Phil