[c-nsp] DSL router recommendation

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Wed Oct 10 11:23:04 EDT 2007

Yeah, I agree with that.  My father in upstate NY has DSL from Verizon,
and they provide a Westell device that acts as a DHCP server and does
NAT/PAT, much like a Linksys/DLink/whatever router, although there is
just one inside ethernet port on it.  I didn't see any way to disable
the routing, and have it assign a routable address to the inside device.
You can probably make the 'inner' router a DMZ device and get the VPN to
work, but it's just asking for trouble in the long run.

Chuck