[c-nsp] C6500 C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-FIFOCRITLEVEL

cisco-nsp at moe.co.uk cisco-nsp at moe.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 10:42:41 EDT 2007

Hi sukumar,

Thanks for your reply.

> There is actually no need to swap chassis.
>
> This error message indicates that the SP-CPU inband port (the
> internal 1 Gig connection) FIFO pointers were not moving for
> certain amount of time possibly indicating something wrong
> between the CPU and it's inband connection. All this is
> internal to the Supervisor.

I've only started receiving this message after upgrading the supervisor
memory on the module, otherwise, it has been fine for months.

Could I have not reseated the MSFC properly onto the SUP?  Could it be the
memory?  Could I have bumped something else?

Are there any commands I can execute to see these fifo pointers you mention?

> If the errors are persistant, the active sup might eventually
> reset or switchover (in case there is standby). As part of
> the upgrade process, the transient condition probably got cleared.

The errors have been going for a while now, however, the unit continues to
switch/route packets without problem.

What would you recommend I do?

(I will be trying what's been recommended already such as reseat module &
upgrade IOS)

Thanks,
John