[c-nsp] MPLS network on 3750 switches - ISIS or OSPF which is scalable?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Oct 15 05:21:43 EDT 2007

On (2007-10-15 14:28 +0530), Vikas Sharma wrote:

> 2nd though is to implement ISIS with L2 level across the network. I want to
> understand which is more scalable with the kind of 3750 switches, ISIS with
> level 2 or OSPF with area zero?

You're talking about 3750 Metro, which is quite different to 3750. But
to answer your question, they are essentially same protocols and this
subject has been talked on the list several times. Key point is to
use which your guys are more familiar with.
I personally like IS-IS much more, because it appears to me as a tidy,
extensible protocol and OSPF looks much more klugy.

--
  ++ytti