[c-nsp] ERSPAN - IPT Voice-Recording [NC]

david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com
Thu Oct 18 05:28:23 EDT 2007

Hello .

I am after some feedback from people currently using ERSPAN (and not SPAN
or RSPAN) to achieve IPT voice Recording .
The idea will be to ERPSAN the voice Vlans(source) from each individual
access switches (we use a fully routed envrnt) all the way down to the
voice recorder (destination) located in our 2 mains Hubs .
Why ? For us :
- Cost saving on voice-recording infrastructure .
- Provide an active/active voice-recording solution across sites.
- Avoid to have Layer 2 connections between Access switches (you need that
with RPSAN) and Voice-recording switches. (very positive heavy for Layer3
design).

I know some companies are using RSPAN but i am struggling to get feedback
with ERSPAN .
Thanks !

David Ponsdesserre
+44 207 762  4877
London Telecom and Network
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.