[c-nsp] 3550 + 6509-sup720 output buffer failures

Gary Stanley gary at velocity-servers.net
Fri Oct 19 21:23:48 EDT 2007

Greetings.

I have a 3550 doing basic layer3 routing on a single port to a 6509,
but the 3550's port (fa0/1) to the 6509 reports a low amount of
"output buffer failures" and "underruns". I've seen these errors
before on another 3550 plugged up to the 6509, but I was unable to
find the cause. It doesn't appear to be causing (any) issues that I
am aware of, however I have had some customers complain about a very
low amount of packet loss.

Has anyone had this issue or something similar or how to fix it?