[c-nsp] Rate limiting questions

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 14:56:43 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 17:50 +0200, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> To make it even uglier, you can configure (using eem again) pbr under the upstream interface to send
> all these requests to the appropriate router, bypassing the connected routes.

There are lots of things I could do, that for reasons of common sense I
choose not to. This would be one of them ;o)

Practical alternatives exist (Extreme ESRP, Foundry FSRP) as well as
design workarounds. None of which reduces the desirability of a
Cisco-supplied feature upgrade "HSRP standby inactive interfaces"

I'd love to get a final, definitive yes/no on this; at least then I
could stop dreaming!