[c-nsp] Where do you put the optical attenuators?

Jonny Martin jonny at fx.net.nz
Sun Oct 28 17:16:59 EDT 2007

The most important reason for putting them on the RX side is that you
are protecting that which needs to be protected - the receiver in
your optics.  This way you know that you're not going to potentially
blow the receiver in your optics by plugging in too large a signal
because you assumed there was an attenuator on the TX at the far end,
and there wasn't.

Cheers,
Jonny.