[c-nsp] 6500 IOS features

Fred Reimer freimer at ctiusa.com
Mon Oct 29 19:22:43 EDT 2007

The software advisor is notoriously behind, or just plain
inaccurate.  Cisco has roadmaps the describe the different
features in the IP Services and Advanced IP Services feature
sets.  Checking out that is probably your best bet.  In
particular, you can check here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5460/pr
od_bulletin0900aecd80281b17.html

Or here for the PDF:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5460/
c1037/cdccont_0900aecd80281b17.pdf

The description is as such:

Cisco IOS Packaging for Switches Advanced IP Services
[c6500-advipservicesk9]

. Advanced IP Services is a comprehensive set of Cisco IOS
Software features designed for IP-only networks. It includes all
the features of IP Services plus additional features including
ISIS, MPLS, Layer 2 VPNs, Layer 3 VPNs, and IPv6.

. Deployment Guidelines: Service Provider Environments,
Enterprise: Campus WAN and Metro Edge

If you want a list of bugs, use the release notes.

HTH,

Fred Reimer, CISSP
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.