[c-nsp] Router Suggestion for ATM

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Tue Oct 30 09:11:38 EDT 2007

Hi everyone!

Don't worry, it's a pretty short question this time ;-)

One of our customers needs to buy a router with

2x FE
1x ATM OC3 SMI
512 MB

That's it. Their most requested feature is CHEAP!

I was thinking about a 7204VXR or 7206VXR with a PA-2FE (or I/O with
2FE), PA-A3-OC3SMI and a NPE-400 with 512 MB.

Bandwidth is not the point, the NPE-400 is far, far enough for them.

Does anybody agree or is there a cheaper solution for those requirements?
We don't use ATM so I'm not really up to date about available interfaces
etc, but I guess that the 7200 is the "cheapest" way to meet those
requirements. I don't beliete that there is a ATM OC3 SMI interface for
the 2800 *G*

Thanks,
Bernd