[c-nsp] 6704-10GE bug ? [NC]

david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com
Wed Oct 31 10:57:55 EDT 2007

Thanks for this Jared.  As you will see below i think we are "far away" to
overflow the Tcam on this switch .

Total routes:                     4
    IPv4 unicast routes:          1
    IPv4 Multicast routes:        3
    MPLS routes:                  0
    IPv6 unicast routes:          0
    IPv6 multicast routes:        0
    EoM routes:                   0

PFC operating mode : PFC3B

mls ip multicast flow-stat-timer 9
no mls flow ip
no mls flow ipv6
mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 34 46 48 56
mls qos
no mls acl tcam share-global
mls cef error action freeze

FIB TCAM maximum routes :
=======================
Current :-
-------
 IPv4 + MPLS         - 192k (default)
 IPv6 + IP Multicast - 32k (default)

sclisgh022#

sclisgh022#show cef line
%DCEF not running.
sclisgh022#

Code version is 12.2(18)SXF8 as stated on my first email .
Rgds,

David Ponsdesserre
+44 207 762  4877
London Telecom and Network
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking

jared at puck.nether.net
31/10/07 14:51

David PONSDESSERRE/gb/socgen at socgen
cc
philxor at gmail.com, cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject
Re: [c-nsp] 6704-10GE bug ? [NC]

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 02:39:26PM +0000, david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com
wrote:
> Thanks to all for the replies .
>
> I am not about how to check the number a tcam entries on 6500 "sh tcam
> counts detail ip?"

                 David,

                 Try these out for size:

sh run | inc mls
sh mls cef sum
show platform hardware pfc mode
sh mls cef maximum-routes
show cef line

                 It would also help to know what software you were
running.

                 - Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net
clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only
mine.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.