[c-nsp] report duplicate ips on lan

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 31 12:17:04 EDT 2007

I'm trying to find a way to avoid (or at least be warned about) duplicate ip addresses on a lan connected to a ME-3400.

I have checked "IP Source Guard" & "Dynamic ARP Inspection" but both require either a dhcp snooping database (in my case ips are
statically configured) or a static ip-mac mapping (in my case i can't create manually 800+ acl entries).

So, I'm looking for something that "snoops" the arp/ip packets, creates an ip-mac table and if an ip stored in this table appears
with a new mac, then report an error. Is there such a feature on a switch (or router)?

--
Tassos