[c-nsp] OT: Allied Telesis FTTx users

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Oct 31 11:53:21 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info.  We're only aware of one other area SP that uses
Allied FTTx equipment.  I'm aware of many that use other vendors though.
  I like some of what Allied has to offer but their lack of GigE active
Enet to the home is a huge limiting factor for us.  That makes the life
of the product significantly shorter than the GigE offerings from other
vendors (at least one of which came in much cheaper than Allied's RFP
response).  Lead time would be a problem for us as well.  We need to
take possession of the equipment before the end of the year.  I do like
how their uplinks interfaces are modular as well as modular guts in
their NIDs.   The lack of support for a few important features we need
is a limiting factor though.

Thanks for the info,
  Justin