[c-nsp] Router Suggestion for console access?

Tim Jackson jackson.tim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:57:11 EDT 2007

MRV LX4000

http://www.mrv.com/product/MRV-IR-002/

Cheap, has modem built in, you can dial in PPP or dial-in text, or even
dial-out on contact closure...

We use them for pedestals, when a contact closes (it uses the RJ45 serial
ports for contacts), it dials up and sends an SNMP trap... We also dial into
them to check out the DC rectifiers and also to check LOS/signal levels on
our EDFAs... Works great for it, and it has lots of power options, too, even
have a GPRS/GSM radio for them...

--
Tim