[c-nsp] Router Suggestion for console access?

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Sep 5 04:43:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, September 4, 2007 7:56 pm, Kevin Graham wrote:

> The downside is alot bigger than that, given that End of Renewal for
> them is less than a year away. Of all devices, a console server is
> certainly one I'd want to make sure got updates to PSIRT issues....

Really?  I'd have thought it's an ideal application for an
otherwise-"unsupportable" box.  There shouldn't be any customer traffic
going anywhere near it; in fact, something upstream should be dropping
packets not from your management network before they get close.  And if
you can't make a pretty good guarantee not to generate malicious traffic
from your management network, you have other problems...

Maybe I'm thinking of a different deployment scenario to you though.

Regards,
Tim.