[c-nsp] About tcp window size

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Sep 5 06:01:36 EDT 2007

Hiromasa Sekiguchi wrote:

> [client]------[cisco3745]-----[Web server]
>
> When TCP connection starts between client and web server,
> they can't finish TCP connection.

How do You define 'can't finish TCP connection'? They can't
push TCP FIN packets through the router?

> The TCP windows scaling is configured with web server.

> So, should we change the tcp window size on cisco3745?
> e.g. cisco3745(config)#ip tcp window-size 750000

This command affects TCP session terminated and originated on the
router, not for passing the traffic. Question is, do You have any
firewall, TCP intercept or any other packet-inspecting features
configured on the 3745 interfaces, and does it affect only this
pair of hosts, or all TCP traffic that goes through the router.

--
"Confidence is what you have before you    |            Łukasz Bromirski
  understand the problem." -- Woody Allen   |        lukasz:bromirski,net