[c-nsp] About tcp window size

Lincoln Dale (ltd) ltd at cisco.com
Wed Sep 5 06:24:57 EDT 2007

configuring "ip tcp window-size" on the router has nothing to do with
the IP packets being forwarded _through_ the router.

a client that cannot complete a TCP session is a classic symptom of an
incorrect MTU somewhere and PMTUD failing to perform its task.

is your topology really that simple as 3 devices in total?
what MTUs are configured?
what does a ping with sweep of increasing sizes (with DF bit set) show?
are you blocking ICMP traffic?

cheers,

lincoln.