[c-nsp] SFP- Fiber that Does 1.25 Gbps

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Thu Sep 6 02:45:57 EDT 2007

Raymond Macharia wrote:

> Actually I did try a regular Cisco SFP with no progress at
> all, the Wireless equipment LED lights up indicating some
> kind of physical connection but the Cisco remains totally
> unresponsive, its as if there is no connection at all.

Raymond,

Try starting with a Cisco SFP in the switch and also the
wireless kit. Ensure you have the correct cables and set
the following configuration items on the 3560G fibre port:

Speed nonegotiate
Switchport nonegotiate

The 3560G may be refusing to bring up the port because it's
not seeing autonegotiation from the wireless gear.

Would you please also post the output from the following
commands when you try this:

Show int gi<port-id>
Show int gi<port-id> cap

Regards,