[c-nsp] Extracting serial numbers from Show techs

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:22:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 9/7/07, Arnold Nipper <arnold at nipper.de> wrote:
> On 06.09.2007 18:52 William F. Maton Sotomayor wrote
>
> > It's a good point.  I have come across some scripts that will take the
> > output of "show inventory" as well, but I'm not sure what IOS versions and
> > platforms support that command.
> >

> Everfything >= 12.3(4)T should support this command.

Just a general observation..

I've noticed this command behaves a bit strangely on Cat3750 stacks. I
haven't looked into it thoroughly, but it seems as though "sh
inventory" shows part and SN info for all chassis in the stack, but
only SFPs for the stack master.

I think I've had to use "remote command switch sh inventory .." to get
all the SFP info.

IOS 12.2(25)SEE2 (haven't tried it on 12.2(35)x

cheers,
Dale