[c-nsp] L2TPv3 and PA-4E

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Sep 6 22:35:57 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 21:06, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:

> The fact is that I can create a .1q interface on a PA-4E
> port -...

Just curious; does the 802.1Q encapsulation actually work on
this PA?

IIRC, IOS did not originally support 802.1Q on 10Mbps-only
Ethernet interface; you required Fast Ethernet.

However, I recall a bulletin that was issued for its support
on the on-board 10BaseT Ethernet interfaces for the
2610/11/12.

It would be interesting to learn the PA-4E is supported (I
haven't worked with this PA before).

Cheers,

Mark.