[c-nsp] BGP AS Number Change

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:15:19 EDT 2007

If you are using an IOS that supports it, you can add the "replace-
as" option to the "neighbor x.x.x.x local-as" command, and it will
not prepend the AS configured for the routing process, only the one
defined via "local-as".   If you add the dual-as option, it will
allow the EBGP peers to connect to either the AS defined using "local-
as" or the routing process AS.    IMHO the best option is to change
the BGP process ASN to the new AS and use the local-as feature with
those options until you can get the EBGP peers to change to the new AS.

Phil