[c-nsp] Question about the CCNA and CCNP certification

Fred Reimer freimer at ctiusa.com
Fri Sep 7 17:40:34 EDT 2007

Jay,

You are right.  You don't need a CCNA in order to take the CCNP
tests, but you will require one before you get your actual
certification.  Just like you are required to have a signed exam
certification agreement on-file (usually a click-through one you
do for every test).

However, there is no prereq for a CCIE.  If you're board with
figuring out subnet masks and the basic stuff why don't you just
get a CCIE?

Fred Reimer, CISSP
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.