[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SXH - modular not reading DOM on XENPAK

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Mon Sep 10 02:03:02 EDT 2007

:-> "mack" == mack  <mack at exchange.alphared.com> writes:

    > Has anyone had problems with the modular version not
    > reading DOM data on XENPAKs? We are doing a lab test
    > in conjunction with another company and ran into this
    > problem. 12.2(18)SFX10 reads the data.
    > We are going to try the non-modular 12.2(33)SXH next.

    > Anyone else having experience with 12.2(33)SXH might
    > be helpful to the rest of us.  Ie. differences,
    > missing features etc.

Same thing when going SRA3->SRA4. I was told by my cisco tech support
that they're introducing a version check on the xenpaks so that it
shows values only for those modules that they have tested and
calibrated.

I think that an approximate reading is better than no reading at all,
when doing remote troubleshooting, so please let's ask all together
for readings to come back, or at least for an additional
"service uncalibrated-tranceivers".

Pf